Terms and Conditions for the Use of the Website of the International CTEPH Association (thereafter called “Association”)
Any use of this Website is subject to the following terms, conditions and applicable law. Your access to and browsing of this Website implies your agreement to all such terms, conditions and applicable law. If you do not agree to any of these terms, conditions and applicable law, you may not use this Website. Therefore, we urge you to read the following terms and conditions carefully prior to using this Website. Please note that the Association may revise or terminate these Terms and Conditions for any reason at any time and without further notice. Therefore, as you are bound by any such amendments, you should periodically visit this page to review the then valid terms and conditions.
1. Non-Commercial and Personal Use Only Unless explicitly stated otherwise, this Website is protected by copyrights. Therefore, you may download, electronically copy, print or display any information included in this Website for non-commercial and personal use only. The distribution, modification, transmission or use of any data of the Website (including images, text, graphics, video etc.) for public or commercial purpose is expressly prohibited. Any exception requires the prior written consent of the Association. However, the Association does not warrant or represent that your use of any information contained in this Website will not interfere with rights of a third party.
2. Copyrights, Trademarks and Other Property Rights The copyrights, trademarks, patents, proprietary information, products or other property rights included in or referred to on this Website (the “Rights”) are the exclusive property of the Association or other respective owners that have granted the Association the right and license to use such Rights. No license to or right in any of the Rights is granted to or conferred upon you.
3. Linking and Framing Links to this Website are only permitted to the Homepage. Deep-linking is not permitted. In addition, hot-linking, in-line linking, framing of this Website or any other method of incorporating parts of this Website in your Website or the Website of a third party is equally prohibited. Any exception requires the prior written consent of the Association.
Some of the services provided on this Website may require registration. When registering with the Association, you may need to complete certain data fields as well as pick or be assigned a user name and password. This registration discloses your identity. Please note that in the event you decide to withhold certain requested personal data, it may not be possible for you to access certain parts of the Website and for the Association to respond to your request. The Association will not process your personal data without your prior consent. The Association will only process personal data for specific and limited purposes and will inform you about these purposes when asking for your personal data. In processing your personal data, the Association will fully comply with internationally recognised standards of data protection. In doing so, the Association assures compliance of its staff or contracted third parties with strict standards of security and confidentiality.
The Association will not give access to any of your personal data to any other third party unless clearly stated. Personal data may be transferred to a third party acting for or on behalf of the Association, for further processing in accordance with the original purpose of the collection of the personal data. Wherever possible, the Association endeavours to ensure that both the obligation of non-disclosure and the intended use of the personal data are clearly indicated. Such third parties may adopt different private policies. However, the Association aims to ensure that such third parties provide the same degree of protection as the Association does and, where appropriate, the Association will contractually bind a third party to process personal data only for the purpose explicitly authorised by the Association. Nevertheless, it is expressly understood that the Association will not share any personal data that is sensitive (e.g. medical information) with any third party without your prior and explicit consent, and you may always withdraw your consent at any later time by contacting the Association (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please note that if you withdraw your consent, the Association may not be able to comply with some of your requests. However, the Association will, where practicable, inform third parties to whom your personal data has been transferred of your withdrawal of consent.
The Association will keep personal data only as long as is reasonably required for the processing of the purpose for which the personal data was collected and in accordance with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or documentation retention requirements, or until you withdraw your consent.
Pseudonymised user profiles
Cookies are files sent by web servers to browsers. The information contained in cookies is sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer upon closure, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
This website uses hashed IP addresses, i.e. your IP address will not be stored in the database. Instead, a unique hash will be used.
Blocking and deleting cookies
Cookies can be blocked and deleted in the browser settings. Please refer to the help page of the browser you are using for more information. Blocking cookies might have a negative impact on the usability of this website.
This Website is not intended nor designed to attract children under the age of 18. The Association does not collect personally identifiable data from any person it actually knows is an individual under the age of 18.
6. Technical Inaccuracies, Typographical Errors and Changes This Website may contain technical inaccuracies and typographical errors. The Association reserves the right to amend, correct and/or improve any information contained as well as any products described on this Website at any time without notice.
7. Disclaimer Even though the Association aims to provide accurate and updated information at the Website at any time, you acknowledge that the Website is made available “AS IS”. The Association does not give any warranty or representation, whether expressly or implied, of any kind related to the content of this Website (including, without limitation, text graphics and links). Moreover, the Association takes no responsibility nor liability whatsoever related in any way with your use of this Website and its content. The Association takes no liability for the accuracy, adequacy, completeness, comprehensiveness, usefulness, reliability or timeliness of the content of this Website. The Association does not give any warranty, whether expressly or implied, that the functions contained in the Website will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this Website or the Server that makes the Website available are free of viruses or other harmful components. The Association reserves the right to interrupt or discontinue any or all of the functionalities of the Website and takes no liability whatsoever for any interruption or discontinuance of any or all of the functionalities of the Website.
As some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, some of the above mentioned exclusions may not apply to you.
8. Applicable Law and Venue Your use of this Website shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Switzerland without regard to choice of law provisions. You agree that any disputes and legal proceedings directly or indirectly arising out of or relating to this Website shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts of the Canton Basel-Stadt, Switzerland.